Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2011/05/19

Problem with the new Music for Android, I think...

I like Buddy Miller. I like his new album, The Majestic Silver Strings, with Marc Ribot, Bill Frisell and Greg Leisz. But as much as it seems like something I'd do, I haven't listened to "Meds" full-time for the last 24 hours. Honestly, it does sound like something I would do, but no.

Here's the thing. I've been using the new Music from Google on my Android phone. I have Last.FM set to scrobble, and for nearly everything else (Pandora, old Music), it scrobbled the songs fine. I think the issue is that the new Music, which is still in beta, isn't telling whatever Last.FM reads that it paused or stopped, which means that Last.FM thinks that "Meds" is the Song That Never Ends. Oh so fun.

So, how do I file this bug?

3 comments:

  1. Pandora scrobbles for you on android? I've been trying to find a way to do this for over a year and a half now and have never found a way to make it work. Please tell me how you managed that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael: I think it did.

    You have to make sure Last.FM is up and ready before it scrobbles the Google Music Beta, which is my go-to music player these days. (I'm trying Yahoo! Play and Amazon Cloud Player these days, too. I just don't go to Pandora all that much these days.)

    Anyway, right now, I'm trying Pandora and it isn't scrobbling, but I'm on Gingerbread ATM and last time I tried, I was on Froyo. Maybe I was just seeing things....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the response. I, too, was having scrobbling issues with the Google Music beta and it would just sporadically scrobble a track from it 4 or 5 times if I just simply opened Google Music.

    I've always loved keeping track of my listening habits via last.fm. While it's nice that you can scrobble it on a pc, if only they'd make a solution for android since that's most likely where I'd be listening to it.

    Thanks again though!

    ReplyDelete